Announcing the 2021 winner and five runners-up
Community service is a big part of our DNA, and we enjoy recognizing the impacts our agency partners are making in their communities. Each year, Nationwide® honors agencies for making a difference, and we are proud to donate in the names of the six nominees we selected for this year’s 2021 Agency Community Service Award.
Winner: Waymon Lynch & Associates – Hyattsville, MD and Washington, D.C.
A donation of $5,000 will be made in their honor. The nonprofit featured in their nomination was the Newnan/Coweta Boys & Girls Club, which helps kids and teens succeed. The club works with hundreds of kids and teens each year to help them reach their full potential by providing an environment where all youth feel safe and secure to dream, discover and develop. Programs focus on helping kids succeed in school, adopt healthy habits and become leaders.
Our runners-up will each receive a $1,000 donation to the nonprofit of their choice. Here are the selected agencies and their nonprofits:
• Basin Pacific Insurance – Moses Lake, Washington: Through support of the Seeking Hearts Foundation, a home for disabled children in Zambia was constructed and a medical clinic is in the planning stages.
• The Copeland Group/Melisa Copeland Strickland – Midland, Texas: The agency supports the Alzheimer’s Association and Angie’s Babies, an annual local event that provides baby dolls to nursing homes to resident parents for Mother’s Day. The residents care for the babies as their own, bringing them joy, comfort and a sense of purpose.
• IMA Financial Group – Wichita, Kansas: This agency has their own foundation that focuses on three key areas in their community: Advancing youth, arts and culture, and education.
• Insurance Office of America – Tampa, Florida: The Timothy Initiative exists for men impacted by addiction, homelessness, depression and incarceration by providing discipleship, recovery, community and work therapy.
• The Lawrence Insurance Agency, Inc – Lincoln, Rhode Island: The Jay Lawrence Foundation and the Smithfield Youth Memorial, which was created in partnership with the town of Smithfield, Rhode Island, memorializes the community’s young citizens whose lives were cut short by unfortunate circumstances.
The following agencies were also nominated:
• Chavez Insurance Group/Felix Chavez & Associates – Round Rock, Texas
• Kengersky Insurance Agency/Matthew E Kengersky – Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
• Nottingham Insurance – Hamilton, NJ
• PNW Insurance Group – Puyallup, Washington
• Valor Insurance – Easton, Pennsylvania
Congratulations to Waymon Lynch & Associates and all of the nominees.