Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Owning a home is a significant milestone for many individuals and families. It’s a place of comfort, safety and security. However, unforeseen events can disrupt this haven, which is why homeowners insurance plays a crucial role in safeguarding your investment.
What Is Homeowners Insurance and How Does It Work?
Homeowners insurance can provide security following incidents that cause damage to your property or otherwise threaten financial losses. When you purchase a homeowners insurance policy, you pay a regular premium to the insurance company. In return, your insurer agrees to help pay for covered damages or losses.
The way homeowners insurance works is relatively straightforward. In the event of a covered peril, such as fire, theft, vandalism or some weather damages, you can file a claim with your insurance company. Your insurer then assesses the claim and, upon approval, provides financial compensation to limit your out-of-pocket costs.
It’s important to note that homeowners insurance is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Different policies may have varying coverage levels and exclusions, so it’s essential to carefully review and understand the terms of your specific policy.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
While specific details of your coverage may vary depending on your policy and insurance provider, homeowners insurance typically includes the following components:
- Dwelling coverage—This coverage financially protects your home’s physical structure, including walls, roof, floors and built-in appliances.
- Other structures coverage—This coverage extends to structures on your property that are not part of your primary residence, such as detached garages, sheds and guest houses.
- Personal property coverage—This covers your belongings, such as furniture, electronics and clothing.
- Liability coverage—Your policy may also include financial protection for third-party losses for which you are responsible, such as bodily injuries or property damage you may cause.
- Additional living expenses (ALE) coverage—If your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered peril, ALE coverage will assist with temporary costs, such as rent, hotel stays and restaurant meals.
You should be aware of any limitations and exclusions in your coverage. For example, if you live in an area at risk of hurricanes, floods and earthquakes, you should be aware that these perils are typically not included in standard homeowners insurance policies.
We’re Here to Help
With nearly 50 years of experience serving the needs of families and individuals, the dedicated staff at Waymon Lynch Insurance Agency is well-equipped to help homeowners in the Hyattsville, Maryland and Washington, DC, areas acquire and maintain optimal coverage. Contact us
today to begin.
Read more about home insurance!